Yokohama introduces all-posiiton waste-haul tire
Yokohama Tire Corp. will introduce its latest all-position waste and sanitation tire, the MY627W, at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS), March 25-27 at the Kentucky Expo Center in Louisville, Ky.
The MY627W, which replaces the Y773, offers new features designed to deliver longer tread life, added durability and reduced operating costs for trucks used in the sanitation industry, the company says.
Designed for vehicle operations that require a high load-carrying capacity per tire, the MY627W "can reduce operating costs because of its great durability and longevity, plus it’s highly retreadable,” says John Cooney, Yokohama director of commercial sales. “It offers the strength needed for heavy loads, with a design that helps reduce heat in stop-and-go driving. Additionally, it features a tread compound that’s resistant to chips and cuts, making it extremely durable.”
The MY627W tire will be available in June in size 315/80R22.5 Load Range L. Features include:
* A wide outside rib with extra-wide serpentine grooves, which resist tears, while its surface shape significantly improves traction.
* Sidewall indentations dissipate heat during stop-and-go driving to prolong casing life and maintain the integrity of the rubber.
* An angled double wave outside groove sustains rib rigidity and reduces stone penetration.
* Sidewall armor provides an extra layer of durable rubber, helping to protect against damage from curbing, prolonging the life of the tire.
* The wider tread of the MY627W distributes wear across a larger surface area, providing enhanced traction and longer mileage.
* A special tread compound with anti-chip and anti-cut qualities to increase durability.
The new tire will be displayed in Yokohama's booth #14124 at the show. For more information, see the company's Web site at www.yokohamatire.com.