Snap-on is high on hybrids
Snap-on Inc. has developed a new tool to service hybrid vehicles.The Snap-on EEDM604C Auto Ranging DMM is designed for hybrid vehicles requiring CAT III 1000V and CAT IV 600V.
The company does field research to evaluate vehicles, shops and technicians when designing tools, according to Category Manager David Brekke.
"Safety is of paramount importance, and with the high-voltage on-vehicle battery pack, you need the proper tools and training to service them.”
The new hybrid multimeter can do the following:
* confirm power down before servicing;
* diagnose electrical and powertrain systems;
* allow you to safely tap into electrical impulses necessary for diagnosing hybrid vehicle electrical circuits or components as well as any other electrical operations;
* measure capacitors in the inverter; and
* make sure to always follow the manufacturers’ instructions closely so that you can avoid electrical shock.
The EEDM604C Auto Ranging True RMS DMM has a large, 50,000-count LCD display with a 51 segment bar graph. Its REC (Record) feature allows the technician to store readings and provides faster comparative measurements.
Other features include a flexible optional manual range selection that changes from auto ranging to manual ranging per a user's needs; an ADP (adapter setting); and an OHM/Conductance/Continuity Buzzer (which Snap-on describes as a "one dial setting with pushbutton selection feature").
For more information, visit www.snapon.com.