Tire Industry Conference schedule set
The schedule is set for Clemson University's 2010 Tire Industry Conference to be held April 7-9 at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa in Hilton Head, S.C.
This 26th annual event for the domestic and international tire industry will offer seminars by leading experts on tire design and performance, regulatory compliance, technology and global challenges.
Some highlights include:
* Acquisition Integration: Alliance and GPX by Manny Cicero, preisent of Alliance Tire Co. USA Ltd.
* Tire Industry's Current Regulatory Landscape by Tracey Norberg, the Rubber Manufacturers Association's senior vice president.
* Economic and Political Challenges to the Tire Industry by Roy Littlefield, executive vice president of the Tire Industry Association (TIA).
* The Federal Tire Fuel Efficiency Program by Mary Versailles, senior policy advisor for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
* How Do Truck Tire Repairs Work? Analysis of Tire Repair Mechanics by Cesar Zarak, senior research engineer at Michelin Americas Research Corp.
* Preventing Wheel-Off Accidents by Kevin Rohlwing, senior vice president of training for TIA.
* A Contemporary Look at Tire Rolling Resistance by James Popio, general manager and director of engineering for Smithers Scientific.
* An Update on Retreading With Two Subjects: Rolling Resistance and SmartWay by Harvey Brodsky, managing director of the Tire Retread and Repair Information Bureau.
To enroll, call Kay James at (864) 656-2200 or visit the Web site www.clemson.edu/success.