ACDelco has new online parts catalog
General Motors Corp.'s ACDelco brand has a new online parts catalog and stand-alone ordering system called Connection.
The system also provides the latest trade news, business information and an opportunity to share trade tips with peers.
“Staying a step ahead in today’s rapidly changing eCommerce world saves our customers time and money, the two big enablers of any successful independent service center,” says Stephen Sigg, eBusiness manager.
Connection is Web-based, so no software is needed. It offers these capabilities:
* access to ACDelco’s nearly 90,000 parts across 37 product lines for GM brands as well as Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda and most other vehicles on the road today, along with other products that an ACDelco supplier stocks;
* news hub and video center geared to the trade;
* ability for professionals to communicate with peers to share best practices via a home desktop/laptop or mobile device;
* mobile/handheld site with VIN scanning for parts lookup;
* short training videos that describe how to use the various features and quick reference guides;
* personalization for direct accounts, including custom skin changes and local inventory tracking, as well as a promotion code to target a one-time event such as training or a trade show;
* ACDelco specialty catalogs; and
* Integration with shop management systems including RO Writer, Mitchell 1, GEM-CAR, and Protractor, with plans to add more.
For more information, go to www.acdelcoconnect.com.