TIA releases 2014 TPMS chart
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) is accepting pre-orders for the newest version of its TPMS Relearn Chart which includes domestic and import vehicles model year 2008 through model year 2014.
The chart serves as a comprehensive, quick reference guide that technicians can easily navigate to service most vehicles equipped with TPMS, says TIA.
The TPMS chart is divided into domestic and import vehicle sections and includes relearn requirements, relearn summaries, OEM sensor part number and replacement sensor and service pack part numbers for Schrader International, Dill Air Control Products, Myers Tire Supply Co., 31 Inc. Xtra-Seal, Continental Automotive Systems Inc. and NAPA (National Automotive Parts Association). It also includes the sensor numbers for Orange Electronic Co. Ltd. and Oro-Tek USA. The chart lists the torque specs for the sensor nut, torx bolt, worm gear and vehicle lug nuts.
The 2014 TPMS Relearn Chart has been updated in numerous ways including:
* Inclusion of TIA troubleshooting tips to help technicians when the relearn is not working.
* Revision of some of the relearn summaries so that they are more easily understood.
* Addition of domestic and import vehicles through model year 2013.
* New pictures and part numbers for common multi-format/programmable sensors on the market.
* A new valve reference page with pictures and part numbers of the various types of TPMS valves.
“The TPMS Relearn Chart is a durable, easy-to-use source of information that is specifically designed to be handled and used by technicians on the shop floor. With the annual updates, tire dealerships are always prepared to service whatever vehicle drives into their shop,” said TIA Director of Automotive Training Development Sean MacKinnon.
To place a pre-order contact TIA’s Director of Training Chris Hoogenboom at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 876-8372, ext. 106.
For more information, visit www.tireindustry.org.