SEMA Show, Day Two: Hankook launches Laufenn
Hankook Tire Co. Ltd. launched the Laufenn tire brand with products for the passenger, UHP, on- and off-road SUV/LT and winter markets at the 2014 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas.
The tires will be available in the U.S. in March 2015. Sizes will provide up to 75% market coverage.
The company says the Laufenn brand offers consumers seeking value, quality and style a wide range of products meet a variety of driving conditions.
The new brand represents a symbolic and tangible proof point for Hankook’s vision to grow in the global automotive market.
“Laufenn is more than just an addition to our existing brand portfolio,” says Hyun Bum Cho, chief marketing officer and chief corporate management officer.
“From our deep-rooted commitment to deliver advances in driving for our customers worldwide, we specifically developed the Laufenn product line to combine value with solid fundamentals, stable performance and style.”
He says the Laufenn brand will start as a Tier Three in terms of price and expects the Hankook brand to eventually shift to Tier One and Laufenn to Tier Two. The company will phase out the Aurora passenger tire brand.
Laufenn will initially offer five tire models:
1. Laufenn S Fit AS is a UHP tire with a 45,000 mile warranty available in 12 sizes for 17-inch fitments and nine sizes for 18-inch fitments.
2. Laufenn G Fit AS is an all-season touring tire with a 60,000-mile tread life warranty available in one size for 13-inch fitments, five sizes for 14-inch fitments, 10 sizes for 15-inch fitments, 10 sizes for 16-inch fitments, and one size for 17-inch fitments.
3. Laufenn X Fit HT, an SUV and light truck tire for on-road conditions with a 60,000-mile tread life warranty, is available in one size for 15-inch fitments, four sizes for 16-inch fitments, five sizes for 17-inch fitments, and three sizes for 18-inch fitments.
4. Laufenn X Fit AT is an SUV and LT tire for on- and off-road conditions with a 45,000-mile tread life warranty. It is available in metric and LT-metric sizes. Metric sizes include one size for 15-inch fitments, five sizes for 16-inch fitments, five sizes for 17-inch fitments; and one size for 18-inch fitments. LT metric sizes include one size for 15-inch fitments, three sizes for 16-inch fitments; four sizes for 17-inch fitments. One flotation size for 15-inch fitments is available.
5. Laufenn I Fit Ice is studdable and available in two sizes for 14-inch fitments, seven sizes for 15-inch fitments, five sizes for 16-inch fitments; six sizes for 17-inch fitments; and two sizes for 18-inch fitments.
Following the U.S. launch, Hankook will offer the tire in 10 strategic markets across North America, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. The brand will also expand to Europe and other regions in the coming years.
For more information, visit www.laufenn.com.