SEMA Show pre-show: TRIB previews 2015
The Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau (TRIB) will increase its partnership with the Tire Industry Association (TIA) next year, David Stevens, managing director, told members at the group’s annual meeting on Nov. 3, 2014, in Las Vegas.
TIA President Freda Pratt-Boyer attended the meeting, where Stevens reviewed TRIB’s activities in 2014 and previewed plans for 2015.
Highlights from TRIB’s efforts to promote and defend retreading in 2014 include:
* launch of a new website with an optimized version for mobile devices;
* frequent content updates to the website;
* release of the “True Causes of Rubber on the Road” video developed with the support of TIA;
* provide content for the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association online education series;
* provide educational materials for use in fleets and schools; and
* participate in 12 tradeshows and conferences.
For 2015, TRIB plans to release two new videos and improve engagement with medium to large fleets. Stevens says closer collaboration with TIA will be part of efforts to create more value for TRIB members.
The TRIB annual membership meeting was held the day before the start of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show.