ATMC honors top training programs
The Automotive Training Managers Council (ATMC) has announced the recipients of its 2014 National Excellence in Training awards.
This year's winners are:
* Bridgestone Retail Operations LLC in conjunction with CARQUEST Technical Institute for their program, The Logical Troubleshooting Process;
* Coordinating Committee for Automotive Repair (CCAR) for its program, HazmatU;
* General Motors Co. in conjunction with Raytheon Professional Services LLC for their program, Service Technical College;
* Genuine Parts Company / NAPA Auto Parts for their program, SalesPRO Selling Skills;
* KPA for its program, Hazard Communication GHS;
* Mack and Volvo Truck Academies in partnership with WyoTech, for their program, Diesel Advanced Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks;
* National Automotive Parts Association (NAPA) AutoTech for its program, EVAP Guru;
* Nissan North America Inc. for their program, Nissan and Infiniti Basic Electrical Concepts; and
* National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium for their program, Electric Drive Vehicle Automotive Technician Training.
ATMC says its presents the awards annually to highly effective or innovative training programs. The awards are designed to call attention to the importance of training to the success of the transportation industry. The honored programs were singled out for exceptional application of development, delivery, and assessment training principles.
The awards recipients will be honored at the ATMC reception on Nov 5, at 5:00 p.m. during the AAPEX and SEMA shows in Las Vegas.
The ATMC is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of training and professional development within the transportation service industry. For more information about ATMC, visit www.ATMC.org or call 703-669-6617.