Goodyear broadens mixed-service tire offering
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has broadened its line of premium mixed-service truck tires with the addition of a new size for its G741 MSD extreme traction drive tire.
Following the introduction of its G731 MSA and G751 MSA mixed-service tires earlier this year, Goodyear has added the 11R22.5 size (Load Range H) to the G741 MSD – a tire for oil field, logging, construction and other severe-service fleets that want traction, toughness and versatility. (In addition, the G741 MSD is available in size 11R24.5, also Load Range H.).
Here’s a list of sizes currently available for the G731 MSA, G741 MSD and G751 MSA:
* G731 MSA: 11R22.5 (with Goodyear DuraSeal Technology); 12R22.5; 11R22.5; 11R24.5; 275/70R22.5; and 255/70R22.5.
* G741 MSD: 11R22.5 and 11R24.5
* G751 MSA: 11R22.5 (with Goodyear DuraSeal Technology); 315/80R22.5 (with Goodyear DuraSeal Technology); 12R22.5; 12R24.5; 11R22.5; 11R24.5; and 315/80R22.5.
Also in response to customer demand, Goodyear has introduced a new, precure retread product for the G741, the PC G741, which is available for order, starting this month, in 8-1/2 inch (216 mm), 8-7/8 inch (225 mm) and 9-1/4 inch (235 mm) widths.
“The G741 MSD is backed by years of research, design, development and in-the-field performance, and is a key part of our growing family of premium mixed-service truck tires,” says Brian Buckham, general manager, commercial product marketing, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
“The addition of a new size and a precure retread product to the popular G741 MSD line gives our mixed-service tire customers more options as their trucks continue to travel across some of the toughest terrain in North America.”
Features of the G741 MSD include:
* A deep 33/32-inch tread with a wide footprint that helps provide high mileage and traction.
* An aggressive, self-cleaning tread design to help resist mud build-up for extra off-road traction.
* An innovative sidewall design that allows chains to be placed above tread blocks for enhanced performance.
* A cut- and chip-resistant tread compound for long-lasting performance on tough terrain.
* Tread block sipes for enhanced traction in wet, snow and icy conditions, while maintaining optimal dry traction.
“The new PC G741 retread offers these features, as well,” says Buckham. “The PC G741 and the G741 MSD are engineered to offer optimal performance for customers who operate under extreme conditions.”
To learn more, visit www.goodyeartrucktires.com.