Pirelli introduces the 01 Series truck tire
Pirelli Pneus Ltda completed its launch of its next generation radial truck tire line at the 2014 Latin American & Caribbean Tyre Expo in Panama City, Panama.
Targeted for Central America and the Caribbean, the 01 Series was developed at Pirelli's Reserch and Development Center in Brazil. It is a complete line, with passenger transport, urban and mixed-used tires.
The compounds and innovative structures of the 01 Series line devote special attention to temperature reduction, increased durability (three retreads) and reduced rolling resistance (close to a 2% reduction in fuel consumption).
The new family has a 15% of improvement in mileage performance and rolling resistance compared to the Pirelli 85 line. Pirelli tested the tire in all conditions for three years with the help of top fleets in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Colombia.
01 Series: the product range
"Each product of the line was developed so as to meet different markets and segments, always focusing the Latin American characteristics of topography and placement of products," says Flavio Bettiol Jr., director of marketing for agricultural and trucks products.
1. FR:01 and TR:01 (for road transport of medium severity). Developed respectively for directional/free and tractive axles, the FR:01 and TR:01 "elevate the quality of the transport for medium and long distances durability," according to the company. The innovative structure and the selected compounds offer mileage performance and reconstruction at higher levels, and low rolling resistance that provides economy in fuel consumption.
2. FH:01 and TH:01 (for road journeys with low severity). Developed respectively for directional/free and tractive axles, the FH:01 and TH:01 have an innovative structure with a high rate of reconstruction. The silica and the nanocomposites ensure low rolling resistance, consequently leading to a reduction in fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions and improving mileage.
3. FG:01 and TG:01 (for mixed sections). Developed respectively for directional/free and tractive axles, the FG:01 and TG:01 have new tread patterns that provide more reliable performance on the roughest terrain. The bigger width of the tread together with the new frame structure result in a higher mileage and improves impact resistance and abrasion.
4. MC:01 (for urban transport). This tire, which can be used on all axles of the vehicle, was developed to assure fleet economy, less wear, lower fuel consumption and increased performance, drivability and performance per kilometer compared to the Pirelli 85 line.
5. ST:01 (for road implements). The new trailer tire can be used on all axles and was developed with the aim of breaking a paradigm for the category in terms of durability. Specially designed for medium and long distances, the ST:01 offers fleets fuel economy and comparatively higher mileage performance.
6. TQ:01 (for use in highly uneven terrain). Presented to the South American public in 2011, the exclusive tire SUV Commercial TQ:01 completes the range now launched and brings together the latest technologies pf Pirelli for the OTR segment. Structural reinforcements make it more robust. The exclusive design and the larger contact area with the ground improves traction. The compound has high resistance to impact and lacerations. It is a product developed for the transport on highly uneven terrain as found in mines, large civil construction and quarrying.
Pirelli backs the 01 Series with Fleet Solution, a package of systems designed to help fleets focus on sustainability and reducing operational costs. The latest system is Cyber Fleet, which automatically and constantly monitors pressure and temperature from the tires through a sensor installed inside it.
Cyber Fleet joins Fleet Check, an electronic tire management tool that checks tire pressure and tread depth. The tool uses software developed to collect data related to tire usage. It is used by Pirelli's sales force.
“Pirelli provides these solutions on a global level, with the main objective of collaborating with efficient tire management, ensuring better performance, reducing operational costs and lowering impacts on the environment," says Marcelo Natalini, MACC commercial director.
Pirelli recently opened an office at Ciudad de Panamá, which will serve all countries in the region. “The objectives of opening the office are get even more close to our clients of the region and strengthen our business presence,” says Natalini.
The 2014 Latin American & Caribbean Tyre Expo will be held at the ATLAPA Convention Center through July 25.