Six seats on the Tire Industry Association (TIA) board of directors for the 2012-2013 term were filled recently. One is a first-time board member.
“This election year had the highest number of candidates in TIA’s recent history, with 23 vying for the coveted board positions," says Roy Littlefield, executive vice president. "We are very appreciative to all the candidates for putting forth their names and to the retiring board members for the years of dedication and leadership to our industry.”
The "Class of 2012-2013," which includes one former member and four returning members, are:
1. David Martin, American Tire Distributors Inc., Huntersville, N.C. (new).
2. Michael Baggett, OTR Division, Yokohama Tire Corp.,Santa Rosa Beach, Fla. (former).
3. Dick Gust, Liberty Tire Recycling, Chicago, Ill. (returning).
4. James Melvin Jr., Melvin’s Tire Pros and Auto Service Centers, North Kingstown, R.I. (returning).
5. Glen Nicholson, TBC Retail Group, Juno Beach, Fla. (returning).
6. Mike Wolfe, Southeastern Wholesale Tire, Raleigh, N.C. (returning).
"TIA would like to acknowledge (former board members) Michael Berra, Russ Belcher, Eddie Burleson, Dean Bray, Keith Jarman and Jim Pangle for their tireless work," adds Littlefield.
The new board members will be taking office on Monday, Oct. 29, 2012, at TIA’s Annual Meeting at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nev.
At the board of directors meeting held last June, Freda Pratt-Boyer, senior auditor at Purcell Tire & Rubber Co., was elected to the position of secretary.