Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. is adding three offerings to the Ironman I-Series medium truck tire lineup — two all-position tires and one for trailer applications.
“I-Series tires give dealers an entry-level option that meets nearly all the basic needs of their customers, and do so with both quality and accessibility,” says Jedd Emans, vice president of marketing for Hercules.
Ironman I-402 Wide Base Mixed Service A/P
Available initially in four LRJ sizes – 315/80R22.5, 385/65R22.5, 425/65R22.5, and 445/65R22.5, the I-402 is designed specifically for work trucks. It features:
- durable construction and deep tread are ideal for on- and off-road service;
- tear-resistant compound guards against abuse from off-road applications; and
- deep tread NSD yields longer mileage.
A 315/80R22.5 LRM is expected to be available by the end of 2015.
Ironman I-502 Premium Deep Tread A/P
- five-rib design that delivers excellent mileage and shoulder wear resistance on steer axle use;
- deep tread (22/32nds), which yields longer mileage in high scrub applications; and
- solid wide shoulder that promotes durability and smooth, even wear.
Ironman I-480 Trailer Rib
The introduction of the I-480 adds a new size to the I-series lineup not previously available in Ironman Trailer Service – an 11R24.5/14 and /16. The I-480 also features:
- appropriate for short and long haul trailer applications;
- modern five-rib tread pattern ensures long mileage and shoulder wear resistance; and
- solid shoulders and four wide grooves deliver premium wet and dry traction.
Hercules says most of the skus are available now. All three patterns will be featured by Hercules at the 2015 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in booth #43079. Complete specifications can be found at www.herculestire.com.
Hercules is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Tire Distributors Inc.