Titan International Inc. is adding sizes to its Goodyear-branded Optitrac and UltraSprayer farm tires in response to increasing demand from growers to minimize soil compaction in all applications.
The tires will be on display at the farming convention and trade show the Commodity Classic March 3-5, 2016, in New Orleans. Titan will show the tires at its booth (No. 2621.)
“We know that about 37% of growers have a need to frequently run between the rows post emergence — and those growers are good candidates for running tall, narrow duals on their tractors,” says Scott Sloan, agricultural product manager for Titan and Goodyear Farm Tires. “But for those who don’t run between the rows, Goodyear Extreme Flotation sizes optimize performance and significantly reduce soil compaction. Titan is committed to helping our customers alleviate issues related to ground disturbance, regardless of application or tillage habits, and these additional sizes are the answer.”
These three new tires will be on display:
Goodyear Optitrac LSW 1250/35R46
- Runs on large 4WD tractors or front position on combine;
- Low Sidewall Technology (LSW) provides the same weight load capacity as standard tires, but at 40% lower inflation pressures;
- LSW alternative to standard 1250/50R32, provides greater stability, resulting in reduced power hop and road lope; and
- the popular Goodyear tread design is 25% deeper than conventional R-1 tires for increased traction.
Goodyear Optitrac 320/125R54
- Designed to run on the rear position of MFWD tractors in duals or triples;
- acts as a taller alternative to standard factory options, such as a 320/105R54;
- 22% lower inflation pressures and 28% larger footprint compared to standard 320/105R54 on a dual configuration MFWD tractor application; and
- reduces soil compaction while still allowing the tractor to run between the narrowest of rows.
Goodyear UltraSprayer 320/125R54
- 7% lower inflation pressures carrying 5% more load and offers nearly 5% larger footprint compared to standard 320/105R54 on a sprayer application;
- reduces soil compaction while still allowing the tractor to run between the narrowest of rows; and
- improves ride comfort for the operator.
For more information about Titan and LSW technology, and to see the complete LSW product offering, visit www.LSWadvantage.com.