Hennessy Industries Inc. displayed a Coats 1600 direct drive wheel balancer with several new features at the 2017 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas Oct. 31-Nov. 3.
One of the improvements is a gas strut to prevent the hood from being slammed down, according to Steve Bergmeyer, quality engineering manager. Other new features are:
- Foot pedals to help mount and demount the tire;
- Option to specify intervals for servicing the balancer;
- LED light to illuminate the wheel well to aid in placing tape weights;
- Accessory bar with a magnetic strip to attach weights and hammer, as well as a cup holder and small trash can; and
- Option for the software to display in Chinese, French, Spanish or English (previously only English was available).
Bergmeyer says Coats balancers are sold around the world, with main markets being the U.S., Canada, South America, Australia and New Zealand.
For more information on Coats brand wheel equipment, visit www.coatsgarage.com.