The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. annual dealer meeting is underway in Dallas, and the unveiling of new products has begun. First up: the Eagle Exhilarate, an ultra-high performance all-season tire.
- outstanding traction and handling for faster acceleration,
- precise steering. and
- the ultimate control — in wet handling, wet braking and wet cornering grip.
The Eagle Exhilarate will replace the Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season tire.
“With its leading-edge technology and superior performance in wet conditions, the Exhilarate showcases the overall credentials of the entire Eagle line of Goodyear products,” says Mike Dwyer, chief customer officer for the North America consumer business.
Goodyear spent more than three years researching and testing new UHP all-season tire. It will be available in 36 sizes, with W or Y speed ratings. The target consumer is passionate and well-informed, and the company says the tire's bold design matches the vehicles driven by this key demographic.
Here's a rundown of some of the Eagle Exhilarate's features:
- a new built-in wear gauge tool that appears in eight locations around the tire;
- a new all-season tread compound with an optimized combination of high-performance polymers and traction resins for superior handling and traction in wet, dry and snow conditions;
- ActiveGrip Technology, which provides for exceptional traction for performance handling;
- ActiveBraking Technology promoting shorter braking distances on wet and dry surfaces; and
- ActiveStrength Technology for confident handling with a strong lightweight construction.
The Eagle Exhilarate will be available in April 2019.
- The Goodyear Endurance LHS long haul steer tire, which was unveiled at the conference in 2018, is providing "extraordinary mileage" in fleet evaluations. In one fleet test it notched more than 210,000 miles.
- There will be a new mid-tier winter tire available in March 2019. The WinterCommand will come in 54 sizes and have studding capability. It will fit passenger cars, CUVs, SUVs and light trucks.
Keep an eye on what Modern Tire Dealer sees on the ground during the Goodyear dealer meeting. Follow MTD on Twitter.