The 1,500 members of Young Auto Care Network Group (YANG) will have a chance to grab the mic and the spotlight during the group's 2019 leadership conference in a series of rapid-fire, five-minute presentations that relate to the industry.
This is the second year YANG will incorporate the "Five for Five" rapid-fire presentations into its leadership conference. It's a way for YANG members to deliver quick presentations on relevant professional development topics while also sharpening their public speaking skills. Each speaker is limited to five minutes, and can use no more than five slides. (In 2018 the presentations covered topics like big data and small business marketing tactics.)
The 2019 YANG Leadership Conference also features traditional speakers. Here's the lineup for 2019:
- Bill Hanvey, CEO and president of the Auto Care Association;
- Mark Finestone, executive vice president of merchandising, marketing and supply chain for AutoZone Inc.;
- Jeff Koviak, vice president and general manager of the North American aftermarket for Tenneco Inc.;
- Bryan Falchuk, best-selling author, speaker and life coach;
- Stacy Nadeau, professional speaker and coach;
- Todd Allen, partner at Lindsey & Allen PLLC;
- Jim Merle and Scott Shriber, group publishers for Babcox Media; and
- Nick Westergaard, chief strategist at Brand Driven Digital.
YANG is a group for under-40 industry professionals. Its annual conference will take place May 10-11 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa in Bonita Springs, Fla.
The YANG Leadership Conference occurs in conjunction with the annual Auto Care Association Spring Leadership Days event, and will feature two half-days of face-to-face networking, learning and professional development. Conference attendees will learn about the state of the auto care industry, managing work-life balance, inspiring self-confidence, approaching problems creatively, finding long-term success in the industry and more. See the full list of speakers and their topics here.
All YANG Leadership Conference attendees are eligible to receive CEU credits toward their AAP/MAAP designation from the University of the Aftermarket.