Michelin North America Inc. is upgrading two truck tires with the release of a new line from BFGoodrich — the Highway Control line.
The Highway Control S includes these features:
- new sidewall compounds designed to provide fuel efficiency without sacrificing wear;
- an improved shoulder rib with microsipes to improve resistance to irregular wear;
- a new tread design with optimized microsiping, which works to prevent the onset of irregular tread wear;
- serpentine flow-through grooves evacuate water, and provide all-weather confidence;
- a variable-groove wall helps reduce stone retention and extend the casing life;
- it's retreadable; and
- a first-year, “Work Hard” mileage-satisfaction guarantee.
The BFGoodrich Highway Control S tire replaces the BFGoodrich ST 244. It is available in these sizes:
- 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 (in both Load Range G and H),
- 275/80R22.5 (Load Range G), and
- 285/80R24.5 (Load Range G).
The BFGoodrich Highway Control T trailer tire will be available May 1 and replaces the BFGoodrich TR 144. It's available in these sizes:
- 11R24.5. and
- 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G).
The Highway Control T offers many of the same features as its steer counterpart:
- new sidewall compounds designed for fuel efficiency without sacrificing wear;
- a shoulder-decoupling groove with microsipes to help fight the onset of irregular wear;
- a long tread life;
- the pass-through groove helps evacuate water; and
- a two-year, even-wear satisfaction guarantee.
Both tires include a five-year, two-retread manufacturer’s limited casing guarantee.
“BFGoodrich commercial truck products are built to deliver long, even wear and fuel-efficiency performance to get the job done — even in tough conditions," says Adam Murphy, vice president of marketing for BFGoodrich commercial truck tires. "It’s a brand that fleet operators can count on."
For more information, visit www.bfgoodrichtrucktires.com.