Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. has added a wide-base, all-position (WBA) tire to its Severe lineup. The Cooper-brand tire is designed to serve many miles in the harsh operating conditions of construction sites.
Gary Schroeder, executive director of Cooper’s global truck and bus tire business, says, “Our Cooper Severe Series tire line, which now also includes the WBA, provides exceptional performance while giving our customers a low cost of ownership proposition. The WBA is a premium tire engineered to give those running mixers and dump trucks a tire with the power to outperform others at its price point.”
The tire features:
- a five-rib design with 23/32nds of tread and a unique zigzag rib in the center. While unique in looks, it's designed to provide traction and cornering in slippery construction site conditions.
- special cut, chip and chunk resistant compounds, plus Cooper’s Scrub Guard technology, which helps the tire withstand scrubbing, curbs, and other obstacles encountered during operations to ensure longer tire life while maintaining casing integrity.
- notched circumferential ribs and stone ejector ledges to help reduce and prevent the penetration of sharp rocks and stones.
- grooved walls with a dual “shelf” to aid in tread stability – minimizing squirm when cornering, while providing additional stone protection.
- tie bars that stabilize the center rib to enhance driving performance.
- a 5-inch steel band reinforcement in the lower sidewall for reinforcement and casing durability.
- a strong four-belt casing design to help ensure multiple retreads.
Cooper offers a seven-year, two-retread warranty.
“Since many of our customers run 80 to 90 percent on-road, with the other duty cycles off-road in quarries and on gravel roads, the tire must give optimal performance in both driving conditions,” says Schroeder. “And it does. We balance tire life – long miles to removal – with a durable tire that holds up against the toughest of conditions.”