A second off-the-road tire trainer for McCarthy Tire Service Co. Inc. has earned his Level 400 Earthmover Tire Service (ETS) Instructor certification from the Tire Industry Association.
There are only 28 Level 400 instructors in the world — and two work for McCarthy Tire Service. The other is Mark Shimko.
“This is a remarkable accomplishment,” says John McCarthy Jr., president of McCarthy Tire Service and Modern Tire Dealer's 2019 Tire Dealer of the Year. “Safety is our first goal in everything we do, and training is key. We are very proud that our safety department now has two elite Level 400 ETS instructors. We are the only tire dealer in North America with instructors at this level.”
Opinsky is responsible for new hire and refresher training for the OTR and commercial truck service operations in McCarthy Tire’s southern region of Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina. He has 41 years of experience in OTR and commercial truck service, including the last 13 years with McCarthy Tire Service. In addition to this recent qualification, Marty holds the following safety qualifications:
- 400 Level Commercial Tire Service Instructor certification through TIA.
- 30 Hour General Industry certification through the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Certified instructor in first aid, CPR, and AED through the American Red Cross.
- Crane Inspector certification through the Crane Institute of America.
- 300 Level OTR Technician certification through TIA and Michelin.
McCarthy Tire Service has been in business for 93 years, and has 60-plus service locations and 10 Bandag retread plants in the eastern U.S. The company is the sixth largest independent commercial tire dealer, seventh largest retreader and the 19th largest overall dealer in the country. For more information, visit www.McCarthyTire.com.