Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. has updated two tires in its Terra Trac line. The Terra Trac HPT replaces the HTS, and the Terra Trac AT II now features the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol.
New Terra Trac HPT
The Terra Trac HPT is a highway all-season tire for SUVs and CUVs, designed with on-road comfort, improved wet surface traction and long tread life. The HPT offers all-season drivability and is available in 25 SKUs for wheels between 15 inches and 20 inches. The HPT is replacing the Terra Trac HTS. The new tire features:
- an optimized tread design to reduce noise levels, rolling resistance and promote ride comfort;
- wide circumferential grooves to maximize water evacuation and support hydroplaning resistance;
- opposing groove angles to reduce stone retention and support extended treadlife; and
- 50,000-mile treadwear coverage, road hazard protection and a 45 day “Trust Our Ride” free trial period.
“As the global CUV and SUV market continues to grow and expand, the new HPT gives drivers more reliability, comfort, and performance in any season,” says Steven Liu, senior director of Hercules Tires. “We’ve seen demand shift from passenger cars to SUV-metric and LT-designated sizes and are continuing to address this demand by providing a tire optimized to match the performance attributes of modern SUVs and crossovers.”
Terra Trac AT II
- uniquely designed stone ejector ribs positioned at the base of the circumferential grooves to resist stone drilling and prolong the life of the tire;
- an aggressive upper shoulder with alternating scallops that amplify off-road traction and rugged looks;
- unique tusk grooves that create a larger void for better all-terrain traction; and
- 60,000-mile treadwear coverage, road hazard protection and a 45 day “Trust Our Ride” free trial period.
The winter-rated AT II is available in 59 SKUs for wheels ranging from 15 inches to 20 inches.
“The Terra Trac AT II is a versatile performer that has been upgraded to tackle winter's worst while maintaining the cut and chip resistance consumers demand from an all-terrain tire.” says Liu. “With the new 3PMS designation, consumers that live in cold weather climates can take comfort in knowing that the AT II provides a higher level of snow traction while consumers outside of the snow belt can rest assured this tire will provide them with the same tenacity and longevity they’ve come to know and love.
Hercules is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Tire Distributors Inc.
For more information, visit www.herculestire.com.