Commercial Business

CMA Adds U.S. Warehouse Space for 200,000+ More Double Coin Truck Tires

Posted on February 19, 2020

China Manufacturers Alliance LLC (CMA) has opened two new warehouses in California to bulk up its inventory of Double Coin tires. The new space adds about 225,000 units — most of which are Double Coin truck tires.

The warehouses are located in Rancho Cucamonga and Riverside, California, and they give the company 338,000 square feet of space on the West Coast. Of the 225,000 units of added capacity, CMA says about 90% of the inventory is dedicated to truck and bus radial tires, while the remaining 10% is OTR and individual (IND) tires.

CMA also has a 160,000 square-foot warehouse to serve the East Coast located in Memphis, Tenn.

“Opening two new warehouse locations this year allows us to meet the growing demands of Double Coin tires,” says Tim Phillips, vice president of marketing and operations for CMA/Double Coin.

“We forecast Double Coin’s TBR and OTR/IND unit capacity will increase by 50% this year," says Phillips. "There are also plans to add more warehousing sometime in 2021. In addition, our state-of-the-art Thailand manufacturing facility has not been impacted by the Coronavirus in China and is currently doing a great job meeting the demands of our North American market. Our top concern remains the welfare and safety of our Double Coin family in the affected areas of China."

CMA opened its first west coast distribution facility in 2014 in Rancho Cucamonga. The center supports the dealer and end user supply chain with shipments of the Double Coin brand and other products marketed by CMA.

Overall, the company has seven warehouses serving North America and Central America. There are four in the U.S., plus others in Airdrie AB, Canada; Querètaro, Mexico; and San Josè, Costa Rica.

For more information, visit:

Related Topics: CMA/Double Coin, Double Coin, New warehouse, Tim Phillips

Comments ( 0 )
More Stories
News Cooper Extends Shutdown in U.S. and Mexico

Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. will keep its tire manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Mexico closed for at least another two weeks. Cooper's plans in Europe also remain shut down.  

News Congress Extends Additional Benefits to Businesses

In addition to small business loans available through the recently passed CARES Act, Congress has extended other benefits to businesses. 

Goodyear is suspending production at all of its plants in the Americas "until further notice."
News Goodyear Extends Tire Production Shutdown 'Until Further Notice'

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has extended its shutdown of tire manufacturing plants in the Americas "until further notice."

Be the First to Know

Get the latest news and most popular articles from MTD delivered straight to your inbox. Stay on top of the tire industry and don't miss a thing!

We respect your data and privacy.
By clicking the submit button below, you are agreeing with Bobit Business Media’s Privacy Policy and this outlined level of consent.