Goodyear previews G505D Fuel Max drive tire
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. reports its G505D Fuel Max long-haul tire will be available in June. It was on display at the Mid-America Trucking Show last week in Louisville, Ky.
“The new Goodyear G505D Fuel Max is the most fuel-efficient commercial drive tire in our line-up,” says Brian Buckham, marketing manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems
The G505D Fuel Max features Goodyear’s Fuel Max Technology, which contains fuel-saving compounds, tire constructions and specialized tread designs to help reduce rolling resistance.
In addition to Fuel Max Technology, the G505D Fuel Max also contains these features:
* Deep 24/32-inch tread depth to provide enhanced wearable rubber for long tire life;
* Circumferential and lateral tread grooves for improved all-season traction;
* An extra-wide tread for enhanced handling and long-lasting wear;
* Goodyear Tredlock Technology, which features interlocking micro-grooves that help stabilize the tread for long tread life and enhanced toughness;
* A tough, dependable casing for retreading to help improve a fleet’s tire return on investment, and more.
The G505D Fuel Max also will be SmartWay-verified.
“Fuel economy is ultra-important to long-haul fleets, but they have other tire needs, as well,” says Buckham. “The G505D Fuel Max offers the ideal blend of fuel economy, traction and long miles to removal, which will help fleets lower their overall operating costs and optimize their tire investment.”
The tire will be available in size 295/75R22/5, Load Range G.
To learn more, visit www.goodyeartrucktires.com.