Discount Tire Resumes All Services at Open Stores
Some Discount Tire and America's Tire stores remain closed due to COVID-19, but the company has resumed the offering of all services to consumers at its 1,000+ stores that remain open.
On March 18 Discount Tire said it was limiting the services it was offering at its open stores to those that were essential — such as flat repairs and replacement of worn, unsafe tires. But in an April 6 update, the nation's largest independent tire dealer said it had been working to modify its store operations so it could offer all services. Those include, but are not limited to:
- free flat tire repairs;
- replacement of worn and damaged tires and wheels;
- free tire air pressure maintenace;
- tire rotating and balancing; and
- winter tire changeovers.
The company is encouraging customers to limit the time spent in its stores by purchasing products online, requesting service and booking an appointment.
Discount Tire also is offering curbside service, and encouraging customers to pull their own vehicles into and out of the store's bays.
"We have taken precautionary steps to provide a safe and healthy experience at Discount Tire, including increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures in our stores along with minimizing the use of our showrooms to promote social distancing. Additionally, we ask that customers visit our stores only if they're feeling well."
Store closure update
Twenty five stores across the two retail brands are closed as of April 6.
- Nineteen America's Tire stores in California are closed.
- Three stores in Colorado are closed — in Wheatridge, Greeley and Northglenn. The Wheatridge store, at 4580 Wadsworth Blvd., is closed as a precaution due to a known COVID-19 exposure.
- Additionally, a Discount Tire store in La Porte, Texas; Durham, N.C. and Las Vegas, Nev. are also closed.
The company has reopened all of its stores in Washington, a state that battled the effects of the coronavirus before many others in the U.S. In March 14 Discount Tire stores in the state of Washington were closed due to the virus.