Akebono expands line of ProACT ceramic brake pads
Akebono Corp. has completed a major product line expansion of its ProACT ultra-premium aftermarket ceramic disc brake pads and loaded calipers.
Previously available for Japenese vehicles only, they are now available for virtually all domestic and European models as well, says the company.
According to Randy Mordue, director of Akebono's aftermarket operations, the expanded ProACT product line now covers approximately 95% of all cars and trucks in North America built since 1990.
The ceramic disc pads and loaded calipers are designed for specific models to eliminate brake squeal, grinding and pedal pulsation. Ceramic technology also produces ultra-low dusting and minimal wear on the brake rotor, says the company.
According to Akebono, the ceramic brake pads offer:
* "initial effectiveness" with no required break-in period;
* ultra-quiet, positive and smooth braking performance;
* high resistance to fade with fast recovery;
* more consistent pedal feel for driver confidence; and
* low dusting for cleaner wheels and tires.