Bob Egan Will Chair the University of the Aftermarket Foundation
The University of the Aftermarket Foundation board of trustees has elected its officers for fiscal year 2018. Veteran aftermarket industry executive Robert Egan is the foundation's new chairman.
Egan retired from Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp. in 2015. During his 36-year career, he held a series of executive roles of increasing responsibility, most recently serving as senior vice president, sales and strategy. He played an instrumental role in the growth of Federal-Mogul, helping the company become one of the largest suppliers in the aftermarket.
Egan has been an active industry participant throughout his career. He is served as chairman of the Auto Care Association, Automotive Sales Council and Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association and Business Forum. In 2008, Egan was recognized as “Leader of the Year” by the Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA).
Egan replaces outgoing Chairman Rusty Bishop, CEO of Federated Auto Parts. Board members elected all of their leadership for the coming year. The full slate of board officers follows.
- Chairman – Robert Egan, MAAP (Master Automotive Aftermarket Professional)
- Senior Vice Chairman – John R. Washbish, MAAP, president and CEO, Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance
- Second Vice Chairman – Larry Pavey, AAP (Automotive Aftermarket Professional); president, Federated Auto Parts
- Treasurer – William Maggs, MAAP; president and CEO, National Pronto Association
- Secretary – Joe Pomaranski, MAAP; senior vice president and general manager, global aftermarket, Tenneco, Inc.
In addition, the following individuals will serve on the University of the Aftermarket Foundation board of trustees in the coming year.
- Doug Arnold – Robert Bosch LLC
- William Babcox, AAP – Babcox Media
- Jim Buzzard, AAP – The Clay Buzzard Family
- Michael Cardone, III – Cardone Industries
- Jeff Darby – Dorman Products
- Mark Drennan – ACDelco
- Philip Halberg – Federal-Mogul Motorparts
- Bill Hanvey, AAP – Auto Care Association
- Cliff Hovis – AWDA
- Pete Kornafel, MAAP
- Bill Long, AAP – Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Dave McColley – Affinia Group Inc.
- Roger McCollum, AAP – N.A. Williams Company
- David O’Reilly – The O’Reilly and Wooten Families
- Chris Pruitt – East Penn Manufacturing
- Jack Ramsey, AAP – Gates Corporation
- Mort Schwartz, MAAP
- David T. Segal, MAAP – Automotive Distribution Network
- Dan Sheehan – Dayco Products LLC
- Eric Sills, AAP – Standard Motor Products
- Scott Thompson – Epicor Software Corp.
- Chuck Udell, MAAP – Morris/Rupp McCartney Education Trust of APSA
To learn about supporting the mission of the University of the Aftermarket Foundation or to make a donation, visit www.uofafoundation.com.