Nokian Restructures Passenger Tires Business Unit
Nokian Tyres plc is restructuring its passenger car tires business unit. The changes take effect Jan. 1, 2018.
Nokian says the new organization structure is intended to accelerate profitable growth, customer orientation and innovative future solutions. Other goals are to create a scalable structure and to increase efficiency through global functions and processes.
Nokian Tyres’ business unit structure will remain unchanged, consisting of passenger car tires, Nokian heavy tires and Vianor (Nokian’s network of car maintenance and tire services outlets with 1,501 locations in 27 countries). The company’s external reporting model will continue to include business units and geographical areas.
From the beginning of the year, the passenger car tires business unit will be managed from market and product line perspectives. Business areas will be responsible for profit and loss and customer-oriented business development according to the strategy.
The new business areas are:
- Americas (United States, Canada and Central and South America)
- Europe (Nordic countries and the rest of Europe)
- Russia and Asia (Russia, China, Japan and the countries of the Caucasus and Central Asia)
The new products and technologies unit will be responsible for creating growth through competitive product offering in all key markets and for product profitability. Target is also to ensure that Nokian Tyres continues to be a leader in innovation in terms of both products and solutions. Product management and product development will transfer to the new unit.
“With our new leadership and operational model, we will have more management focus on our main markets. It accelerates the implementation of common ways of working, increases cross-unit and international cooperation, and provides excellent opportunities for competence development. Furthermore, the change strengthens our ability to react quickly to market changes and customer needs, says Hille Korhonen, CEO and president of Nokian Tyres.
Nokian Tyres’ management team from 1 January 2018 onwards:
- Hille Korhonen, President and CEO
- Andrei Pantioukhov, Executive Vice President, Russia and Asia business area
- Pontus Stenberg, Europe business area
- Tommi Heinonen, Americas business area
- Pontus Stenberg, interim, Products and Technologies unit
- Manu Salmi, Nokian Heavy Tyres business unit
- Anna Hyvönen, Vianor business unit
- Anne Leskelä, Finance & IR
- Esa Eronen, Supply Chain & Sustainability
- Antti-Jussi Tähtinen, Marketing & Communications
- Tarja Kaipio, HR
- Frans Westerlund, IT & Processes
- Susanna Tusa, Legal & Compliance
- Timo Tervolin, Strategy & M&A