Ford Expands Coverage for Motorcraft Brake Pads, Coated Rotors and Drums
Ford Motor Co. has added 36 brake pads and 20 coated brake rotors and drums to its Motorcraft product line.
“These new applications complement the first 177 part numbers launched last year,” says Drew Laird, Ford North American brake product manager. “Customers will find that pricing on these new applications will meet their various budgets and vehicle needs.”
The new applications are now available to order. The brake pads are dynamometer tested and constructed utilizing materials that meet Ford engineering requirements. Ford says all are designed to match original equipment (OE) design and materials. In addition, the brake pads feature:
- beveled friction material edges “chamfers” to help eliminate vibration for smooth stops;and
- slots cut into the pads help dissipate heat for long life, reduced fade and water management; and noise damping insulators.
Shims and attaching hardware are included to replace worn parts that can contribute to brake squeal.
Ford says Motorcraft rotors/drums are mill balanced to help provide vibration free stops. They are made with GG15HC formulated high carbon casting for:
- enhanced heat dissipation and extended brake life;
- high resistance to thermal cracking and fade; and
- low noise propensity and resistance to brake judder.
In addition, the rotors/drums are ready to install out of the box, and have an anti-corrosive silver coating to help:
- provide a stylish and clean appearance for open wheel designs;
- reduce corrosion in the veins and can help improve long-term balance; abd
- inhibit the rotor from corroding to the hub.
Motorcraft brake pads and coated rotors/drums carry the two-year limited warranty with unlimited mileage and no commercial exceptions, plud the benefit of labor reimbursement up to $150 for fleets and installers.
For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.