Giti Expands Ultra-Wide-Base Tire Lineup
Giti Tire (USA) Ltd. is amping up its lineup of ultra-wide-base tires with two new offerings, the GDL633 FS for the drive axle position and the GTL933 FS for trailers in long haul applications. These new tires come as the company brings its Giti brand of commercial truck tires to the North American market. Both tires are available in size 445/50R22.5.
The GDL633 FS for the drive axle is SmartWay-verified and features:
- a special tread compound for reduced rolling resistance and lower operating cost;
- sipe design for even contact pressure that minimizes irregular wear;
- a rugged lug pattern design for traction and vehicle stability; and
- seven circumferential grooves to evacuate water.
The SmartWay-verified GTL933 FS is designed with a fuel-efficient compound for the trailer axle position. It also features:
- an optimized tread design on the rib edges to minimize irregular wear;
- a wide tread design with consistent contact patch pressure for long tread wear; and
- enhanced tread groove design for minimizing stone retention.
“These new wide-base tires are great examples of the collaborative efforts by our own R&D Center in South Carolina and global network of R&D centers,” says Armand Allaire, executive vice president of commercial sales for Giti in the U.S. “Supplying good performing wide-base tires certainly fills a need for our customers and is also a valid proof point for Giti TBR technology.”
For more information about Giti, visit www.gititrucktires.com.