Toyo Announces More Organizational and Assignment Changes
Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. has made changes to its corporate structure, continuing its goal of revising its organizational structure by operational function "with the intention of reinforcing managment through coordination among each headquarter," and the corporate functions associated with them.
As part of the changes, the Global Project Development Department has been not only renamed the Business Restructuring Division, but also, along with the Compliance & Legal Division, relocated under Corporate Headquarters. In addition, the Brand Communications Department has been relocated under the Corporate Planning Division, which remains under Corporate Headquarters.
For a detailed look at the rest of the changes, including the makeup of the newly established Business Headquarters, check out this link.
Changes of assignments of corporate officers
One of the new changes, the appointment of Tomoshige "Tomo" Mizutani to CEO and president of Toyo Tire North America OE Sales LLC, was announced in December. He also will continue as chairman of Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. (TTC), chairman and CEO of Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc., and senior corporate officer of Toyo.
Also effective Jan. 1, 2018 was the appointment of Noriyuki Isobe to corporate officer, and general manager of Quality Assurance Department No. 1 and the Quality Assurance Division. He took over from Kenichi Ueda, who was named Environment & Safety Division general manager, Quality Assurance Environment & Safety Headquarters, and remains a corporate officer and Quality Assurance Division manager at the Quality Assurance & Compliance Headquarters. Isobe continues as deputy Quality Assurance Division manager.
The following changes are effective as of Feb. 1, 2018:
* Tetsuo Tatara, vice president, Fundamental Production Engineering Headquarters.
* Tamotsu Sakuramoto, Corporate Planning Division general manager (replacing Yukio Shinozaki), Corporate Headquarters; chief compliance officer/compliance supervisor.
* Masaji Ishino, Business Restructuring Division general manager, Corporate Headquarters.
* Shinji Tanabe, vice president, Quality Assurance Environment & Safety Headquarters.
* Masao Takiwaki, assigned to Corporate Headquarters.
* Hidefumi Uematsu, chairman, Toyo Tire Japan Co. Ltd.
* Tatsuo Mitsuhata, Americas Business Development Division general manager.
* Hideaki Takahashi, assigned to Business Headquarters.
* Noriyuki Dan, corporate officer; vice president, Business Headquarters; Business Strategy Division general manager.
Hirokazu Miyabe and Satoru Moriya were named corporate officers.
Former corporate officer Yukio Shinozaki retired from the company. He also was Corporate Planning Division general manager.
To see each executive's former and continuing positions, plus other personnel changes, visit www.toyo-rubber.co.jp.