SEMA Show, Day Two: new Coats equipment
Two new pieces of Coats tire service equipment were introduced by Hennessy Industries Inc. at the 2011 Global Tire Expo-Powered by TIA.
1. Up to 20% of the technican's time is saved when the new Coats EL-X Express Lane Inflation System is combined with the company's Rim Clamp tire changer because the tire isn't inflated on the changer, according to Hennessy. The system is compatible with all Coats tire changers.
In addition to eliminating the inflation process wait time on the tire changer, the EL-X also delivers fast and accurate results -- within +/- .5 psi, says the company.
2. The new Coats ProRide Diagnostic wheel balancer series is available in pneumatic locking (PL) and standard clamping locking versions. Features include the following:
* touchless radial runout diagnostics;
* weight location recognition;
* a positioning pedal (designed to keep the assemply in place when applying weights);
* accurate Tape-A-Weight application options;
* the company's "Static On Screen" display; and
* a reduced footprint (which allows for better bay space utilization).
In addition, the wheel balancer allows for up to four operators to save their individual preferences.
The Global Tire Expo is part of the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show, which is held in Las Vegas, Nev., annually. This year's show is being held Nov. 1-4 in the Las Vegas Convention Center.