Look for Michelin price increases in Canada soon
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc. is planning to increase prices on its consumer and commercial tires in the near future. The hikes are necessary "due to increasing raw material prices."
The company will raise prices on the following dates:
Oct. 1. Michelin and BFGoodrich replacement truck tires will be raised by an average of 6.5%.
Nov. 1. Michelin, BFGoodrich, Uniroyal and associate brand replacement passenger and light truck tires (excluding winter tires) will be raised by an average of 4%.
Michelin is the latest tire maker to announce a price increase in the near future, or implement a price increase since Sept. 1, 2011. (See below for the company's upcoming consumer price increase in the United States.)
* Bridgestone Commercial Solutions raised prices on its radial truck and bus tires up to 8% on Sept. 12, 2011. The price increases applied to Bridgestone and Firestone brands in the U.S. and Canada. Bridgestone also raised prices on OTR tread rubber and Bandag brand retread materials -- including tread rubber, cushion, cement, solvents and envelopes -- by an average of 8%.
* Yokohama Tire Corp. will implement a price increase of up to 8% on all of its light and medium commercial truck tires in the U.S., effective Oct. 1. The tire maker also implemented a price increase of up to 11% on all of its OTR tires in the U.S., effective Sept. 1.
* Michelin North America Inc. will raise prices on replacement truck tires and retreads, by an average of 8% effective Oct. 3. Michelin, BFGoodrich, Michelin Retread Technologies and Oliver brands sold in the U.S. will be affected. Michelin-brand replacement agricultural and compact line tires sold in the U.S. and Canada will rise up to 6% effective Nov. 1.
* Eurotire Inc. increased prices by up to 9.8% on all its OTR bias tires, an increase of up to 11.5% on all its OTR radial tires globally, effective Sept. 5.
* Michelin increased prices between 5-13% on Michelin brand replacement earthmover tires in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, effective Sept. 1.
* Titan International Inc. soon will raise farm tire prices for the third time this year. Titan and Goodyear brand tire prices will be raised up to 8%.
Continental Tire The Americas LLC will increase prices up to 8.5% (with some in-line adjustments) on all Continental, General and proprietary brand passenger and light truck tires in the United States. The price increases will vary by product line and size and will be effective Nov. 1.
* Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC will raise prices for passenger and light truck replacement and original equipment tires in the U.S. and Canada, effective Nov. 1. Prices for Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires will be raised up to 8%.
* Michelin North America Inc. will raise prices on Michelin, BFGoodrich, Uniroyal, and private and associate passenger and light truck replacement tires sold in the U.S. up to 9% effective Oct. 3.