Double Coin announces second price hike in 2011
Double Coin Holdings Ltd. and the China Manufacturers Alliance LLC (CMA) are announcing upcoming price increases.
The increases, up to 6%, will be effective June 1, 2011, on all Double Coin produced radial truck, OTR, crane and industrial tires. That includes associate and private brand radial truck tires.
“We are experiencing the same pressures that many in our industry are continuing to experience,” says Aaron Murphy, vice president of CMA. “Increases in natural and synthetic rubber, steel cord, oil and carbon black and other materials along with rising costs of ocean and inland transportation are major contributors for the change in pricing.”
Double Coin last raised prices in the United States March 1 (see "Double Coin tire prices to increase").
For information about Double Coin products, visit www.doublecoin-us.com.
Other tire price increases announced recently are as follows:
* Effective June 1, 2011, Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. will increase the dealer base price on passenger car and light truck tires up to an average of 8 percent.
* Falken Tire Corp. will increase prices up to 8% on its consumer tires effective July 1.
* Falken will raise commercial truck tire prices by up to 10% effective June 1.
* Hankook Tire America Corp. will raise prices on its commercial tires, including Hankook and Aurora, effective June 1. The increases will be up to 9%.
* Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc. raised prices on its consumer tires on May 1, 2011. According to the company, all pricing on unfilled orders placed before May 1 "will be re-calculated at the new prices."
The price increases vary by tire category: High Performance, 5%; Light Truck, 4%; Passenger Touring, 4%; Winter, 4%.
* Michelin North America (Canada) Inc. will raise consumer tire prices up to 10% effective June 1, 2011. (The product lines included in the company's April 1, 2011, "Winter Tires Base Price Book" are not included.)