Continental revamps mobile tire exhibit
After two successful years traveling the roads of NAFTA countries, Continental Tire the Americas LLC’s Commercial Vehicle Tire Division has torn apart its 83-foot mobile tire exhibit and brought it back bigger and better than ever for 2011. The “Untamed Innovation Tour 2” will be launched to the trucking world for the first time at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky.
The Untamed Innovation Tour 2 is a 2010-model International LoneStar tractor and attached 53-foot trailer. The experience incorporates a movie theatre and tire information laboratory inside the trailer, and displays of Continental’s truck tire product offerings outside the vehicle. Since its launch at Mid-America in 2009, the Untamed Innovation Tour has visited more than 250 trade shows, events and tire dealerships throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Features of the new Untamed Innovation Tour 2 for 2011 include:
- New graphics and updated accessories, created in part by the Chrome Shop Mafia truck customization shop.
- A new 180-degree movie theatre experience which tells the story of Continental commercial vehicle tires.
- A redesigned tire information and laboratory experience.
- A newly launched electronic tool, the ContiTireFinder.
- Updated touch-screen access for the ContiCostCalculator.
- Three-dimensional product demonstrations, tire technology visualizations and rolling resistance demonstrations.
Following its launch at Mid-America, the Untamed Innovation Tour 2 will begin touring NAFTA countries to visit trucking fleets, tire dealerships and other major events. The next major scheduled stop is ExpoCam 2011, Canada’s national trucking show in Montreal, Quebec beginning April 7.
A full schedule of major events, as well as photos and information about the Untamed Innovation Tour 2, is available at the Continental truck tires Web site, www.continental-truck.com