Yokohama displays OTR tires at ConExpo
Yokohama Tire Corp. will display several of its OTR tires at the upcoming ConExpo in Las Vegas, Nev., March 22-26.
Among the Yokohama tires on display at the Las Vegas Convention Center will be the Y524 bias tire for loaders and dozers and the RB42 radial tire for dump trucks.
“We’ll be highlighting our bias and radial OTR tires for the rock, aggregate and concrete industries,” says Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president of OTR sales. “We want the industry to know we have tires for all their construction vehicle applications.”
Yokohama will display seven OTR tires in booth N-1257.
1. RB42 Radial. The tire is designed for dump trucks and soft and/or loose surfaces such as mud, sand, gravel and rocks. It features a non-directional block pattern, and has an extra-durable casing and deep, flush treads. It is available in two sizes: 1800R33 and 2400R35.
2. RT31+ E-3. Designed for articulated dump trucks and scrapers, the radial tire has an advanced tread design for traction. It also has an extra large void to lug ratio, flexible OTR belt wire, flat base hexagon bead construction and high turn-up carcass construction, which protects against exterior damage with greater lateral stiffness and improved road stability. It is available in size 26.5R25.
3. RT41 E-4. The tire is "specially designed" for articulated dump trucks and scrapers. It features four steel belts to promote long-lasting service. The tread pattern design, with its non-directional block pattern, provides both abrasion resistance and traction on soft, rocky and gravel surfaces. It is available in three sizes: 23.5R25, 26.5R25 and 29.5R25.
4. RB31 E-3. Like the RT31+ version, this radial tire is made for articulated dump trucks and scrapers. The tire features a non-directional block pattern, which provides both abrasion resistance and excellent traction on soft surfaces, according to Yokohama. It also has a two-ply nylon chaffer for long casing life. It is available in four sizes: 20.5R25, 23.5R25, 26.5R25 and 29.5R25.
5. Y67. A bias tire used for special services such as towing tractors at airports and straddle carriers requiring increased traction, the Y67 was designed for dump trucks and scrapers used in underground mine applications. The tire features a tough tread designed to resist cuts and snags, and has an optimal rubber-to-void ratio offers increased stability. It is available in several sizes, including 1300-24.
6. RT21. The radial tire is designed for motor graders. The self-cleaning tread has a non-directional block pattern that provides good traction and flotation on soft, muddy surfaces. It is available in size 14.00R24.
7. Y524 L-5. The bias tire is designed for loaders and dozers in high-abrasion conditions. Highlights include an extra deep tread and side protector that improves shoulder-to-sidewall cut resistance and wear. It is available in several sizes, including 35/65-33.
Yokohama is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. For more information, visit www.yokohamatire.com.