Timken targets aftermarket with Facebook, Twitter
The Timken Co. has grown its social media base to make it easy for engineers, customers and colleagues to interact on topics of mutual interest.
Timken's aftermarket team has added focused Facebook pages and a Twitter feed targeting vehicle repair technicians, auto parts distributors and enthusiasts. It also has created a place for users to share thoughts about the industry issues most important to them.
"Through regular news, updates and engaging content, we want to make the Timken Automotive Aftermarket Facebook page and Twitter feed a must-share destination for technicians, enthusiasts and distributors," says Barry Harris, marketing manager for Timken's automotive and heavy-duty aftermarket business.
"With this targeted social media effort, we're opening up communication across channels with our customers to connect on every level."
The Timken Auto & Heavy-Duty Aftermarket Facebook page includes the following:
* a Timken Facebook wall, complete with profile photo, company information, favorite pages, and links to .com resources;
* an information tab with vital facts;
* a photo tab complete with organized images of Timken's products and captions outlining their features and benefits;
* a YouTube tab showcasing the latest Timken technical information and how-to videos; and
* an events tab highlighting upcoming Timken activities and events for the industry.
Timken's Auto & Heavy-Duty Aftermarket Twitter feed provides updates on key products and programs, as well as quick repair tips, company news and links to industry-popular content.
For more information, visit www.timken.com/aftermarket.