Toyo recalls 585 tires
Toyo Tire Holdings of Americas Inc. is conducting a "customer satisfaction campaign" to replace approximately 585 Toyo Proxes 4, Toyo Proxes FZ4 and Nitto NT555 tires.
Specific models, along with sizes and DOT serial numbers, include:
* Toyo Proxes 4 (size 225/40ZR18 92W, DOT number 73T7 E71 1808)
* Toyo Proxes FZ4 (size 225/40ZR18 92W, DOT number 73T7 E77 1808)
* Toyo Proxes 4 (size 235/40ZR18 95W, DOT number 73LL E71 1808)
* Toyo Proxes 4 (size 225/45ZR18 95W, DOT number 73J7 E9V 1808)
* Nitto NT555 (size 225/40ZR18 92W, DOT number 73T7 DAY 1808)
The tires were made at Toyo's plant in White, Ga., during the 18th week of 2008. They contain a belt edge tape "that may not meet strict dimensional requirements set forth by Toyo."
However, Toyo says the tires "do not have any performance or safety issues, and (they) meet or exceed all U.S. government regulations."