Titan: Goodyear ATV and UTV tires are back
Titan Tire Corp. is reinstating production of Goodyear ATV (all terrain vehicle) and UTV (utility terrain vehicle) tire designs. The company is now producing nearly 70 sizes and styles of the tires out of the Titan Tire production facility in Freeport, Ill.
A full lineup of Goodyear ATV and UTV tires has not been offered since 2009. Titan and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. reached an agreement to renew production in August 2014.
“There’s a growing customer demand for high-quality, American-made tires that can cater to a wide range of two- and four-wheel drive ATV and UTV applications,” says Holly O’Neill, consumer sales specialist at Titan International.
“With industry-exclusive designs — like our Extended Mobility Technology (EMT) with run-flat capabilities — and a range of unique tread styles, we feel strongly that the Goodyear ATV lineup is well-suited to meet the needs in the market, and we’re happy to bring the line back into production.”
Titan says the nearly 70 newly available Goodyear tires across six lines are designed to encompass the full range of ATV and UTV applications — from all-purpose tires for recreation, to hard-working tires for the most demanding environments. Six lines are offered:
1. Tracker – Designed with five variations of highly capable tread styles for versatile performance in snow, mud or utility applications. Sizes range from AT22x10-9 to AT27x12-12 and everything in between.
2. Rawhide – Available in self-cleaning, deep-tread styles for gaining traction and flotation in challenging conditions, such as mud, clay, sand and bogs. Sizes range from 21x11.00-8 NHS to 26x11-12.
3. ATT – Created for two- and four-wheel drive ATVs that require performance in the areas of traction, steering response, and ride comfort. Sizes range from AT25x11-9 to 25x10-12.
4. Wrangler Sport – Designed to offer the perfect combination of traction, steering and ride comfort for recreation and trail riding. Sizes range from AT22x8-10 to 24x11.00-10.
5. Runamuck – Sized and designed for excellent flotation in extremely wet, swampy or sandy conditions. The Runamuck has excellent self-cleaning capabilities and is available in 22x10.00-8 NHS.
6. Compass Terra – Designed with a rugged cord body that resists bruising and punctures in order to perform on the roughest of back roads and trails. This tire is available in AT21x11-8.
Titan says the Tracker P, Tracker Mudrunner, Tracker WS, and Rawhide ATT lines can be equipped with Goodyear EMT. Tires outfitted with the technology have a tough sidewall insert that extends to the centerline, which gives excellent puncture-resistance and provides the tire with the structural stiffness necessary to perform without air pressure.
The exclusive, patented design allows tires to run up to 50 miles at 25 mph with run-flat capability. A patented bead configuration prevents the tire from slipping off the wheel during run-flat conditions, ensuring the rider can make it back to a safe location up to 50 miles away, according to Titan.
Visit the Titan catalog website to see the full lineup of Goodyear ATV and UTV tires or call 1.800.USA.BEAR to place an order.
Goodyear Farm Tires is American-owned and manufactured by Titan Tire Corp., a subsidiary of Titan International, in Des Moines, Iowa, and Freeport, Ill. For more information on Goodyear Farm Tire products and services, visit www.titan-intl.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.