Hercules introduces Raptis R-T5 UHP tire
Hercules Tire and Rubber Co. is introducing an all-season ultra-high performance tire, the Hercules Raptis R-T5, to its product portfolio. Hercules says the UHP tire will change the perception of what a value brand performance tire can deliver.
“The Raptis R-T5 has technology and materials that are found in Tier 1 and Tier 2 products. That’s why our testing shows that it can go head-to-head with top sellers in those tiers,” says Jedd Emans, vice president of marketing for Hercules. “We went all-in with the Raptis R-T5. This is a tire that really showcases the value that Hercules delivers.”
Hercules says the Raptis R-T5 is constructed with advanced materials and technology and delivers top-of-the-line traction, control and longer wear.
Featuring an aggressive low-profile design, the line consists of 38 W-rated sizes in 17 to 20 inch rim diameters and accommodates such popular sports cars and sport sedans as: Audi A4, BMW 3-series, Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang GT, Ford Fusion, Infiniti G37, Lexus IS 250, Nissan 370Z, Subaru Impreza, Volkswagen GTi and Volvo S60.
“We feel that the Hercules Raptis R-T5 will be an outstanding differentiator for our dealers, and one with great profit potential," Emans says. "No other product in its class comes close to the performance and peace-of-mind – ultimately the value – that the Raptis R-T5 delivers."
The Raptis R-T5 will be available in July in the U.S.
The tire maker, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Tire Distributors Inc., says the Raptis R-T5 includes these features and benefits:
- High-grade silica tread compound and Hercules EvacuTrack grooves for better wet traction.
- 3D UltraWave siping and an asymmetric tread design for greater control and tighter handling.
- CoolCourse temperature control system to optimize performance and enhance tire life.
- The highest traction grading possible – 500 AA A UTQG.
- A 45,000 mile/75,000 km limited warranty, road hazard protection and the 30-day Trust Our Ride test drive program.
For complete product information, visit www.herculestire.com/R-T5.