Network names SMP its top vendor
The Automotive Distribution Network (Network) named Standard Motor Products Inc. (SMP) its 2014 Vendor of the Year Award at the group’s national convention in New Orleans.
“The Network is pleased to recognize Standard Motor Products as our most valued manufacturer partner in 2014,” says Mike Lambert, president.
“SMP’s support has been tremendous, excelling in every vendor area we evaluate, including exceptional quality, marketing, training, logistics and category management."
SMP participated in every Network promotion in 2014.
The Network also presented its inaugural Manufacturer Program Manager of the Year Award to SMP’s Bill Collins.
The Network recognized several vendors for excellence in specific areas:
* Exceptional marketing: Gates
* Category management: Dorman Products
* Exceptional technology support: Tenneco
* Exceptional logistics: East Penn
* Exceptional quality: BBB
* Exceptional innovation: Spectra Premium
* Exceptional sales team: DENSO
* Exceptional training: Standard Motor Products
* National Account Support: Federal-Mogul
* Tool & Equipment: Rotary Lift
* Network products: Autolite Spark Plugs
The Automotive Distribution Network operates under the brands of Parts Plus, Parts Plus Mexico, IAPA and Auto Pride. For more information, contact Bob Barstow at (901) 682-9090.