Kumho introduces two winter tires
Kumho Tire Co. Inc. has introduced two winter tires, the Wintercraft Wi31and the Wintercraft WP51, for the U.S. and Canada.
Kumho says the Wintercraft Wi31 features the latest in technology advancements with:
* optimal stud arrangement for maximized ice performance:
* upgraded stud deco for improved braking on ice;
* 3D snow sipes that deliver better handling, braking and control; and
* lateral groove design for reinforcement of snow/wet traction with improvement of traction with directional design biting edge block formation.
The studdable Wintercraft Wi31 tire is available in 42 sizes with speed ratings of T and Q in the U.S. and in 49 sizes in T- and Q-speed ratings in Canada.
Kumho says the tire offers consumer leading-edge tire technology with unrivaled quality, safety and value versus any of its competitors.
The Wintercraft WP51 has a new tread pattern and compounding that ensures ultimate grip in severe winter conditions, according to Kumho. Other features are:
* optimum arrangement of 3D snow sipes that reinforce performance, improve braking and handling on snowy roads, while wide lateral grooves for water displacement reinforces wet performance;
* improved dry performance and increased center rib stiffness through its rib style tread blocks; and
* improved tread wear.
This new alpine winter tire is available in five sizes with speed rating of T and H in the U.S. and in 45 sizes in T-, H- and V-speed ratings in Canada.
Kumho says the Wintercraft WP51 is the perfect choice for high performance car owners looking for excellent handling and braking performance on snowy and icy roads.
“The addition of the Wi31 and WP51 to our already industry-leading lineup of winter tires shows our commitment to the Canadian markets. We continuously develop new leading edge products to meet the market demands of our valued partners and most importantly the consumer who demands safety, quality and value for their money,” says Greg Lamothe, director of sales, Kumho Tire Canada.
Headquartered in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Kumho Tire USA Inc. and Kumho Canada Inc. are the North American sales, marketing, product development, and distribution arm of Kumho Tire Co. Inc.