Bidding Is Open in Virtual Auction to Support TechForce
Bidding is now open in a public virtual auction put on by the Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance to benefit the nonprofit TechForce Foundation.
TechForce is the charity beneficiary of the opening night gala hosted by the Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance on Oct. 25, 2019. The virtual auction going on now is part of the opening night gala activities.
All funds raised through the auction, donations, gala ticket sales, and raffles go directly to the TechForce Foundation, which is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) with the mission of championing students to and through their education and into careers as professional technicians.
Benjamin Peoples, TechForce’s marketing coordinator, notes that although not everyone can make it to the gala, everyone can support TechForce through the mobile auction. He emphasizes that all funds raised go directly to TechForce.
Here’s a rundown on just some of the prizes and experiences up for auction:
- Tickets & VIP experiences at the 2020 Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach, 2020 Toronto IndyCar Race, Pennzoil 400 in Las Vegas, Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada 2020 and Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2020.Trip for two to Castle Hot Springs Resort, Ariz., with a helicopter ride to the resort from Scottsdale Airport.
- Meet-and-greets with racing legends including Richard Petty and Bobby Rahal.
- Sit downs with automotive celebrities Chip Foose, Mike Brewer and Bogi Lateiner.
- An Extreme Speed Racecar Experience at the Virginia International Raceway.
Join in on the bidding and donate in two ways:
Text TechForce to 52182
TechForce will use funds raised through the Las Vegas Concours d ‘Elegance to support:
- High School Auto Shop Makeovers, starting with the auto lab at Southeast Career Technical Academy, Nevada’s oldest career and technical education high school;
- Scholarships for students to pursue their post-secondary technical training; and
- FutureTech Success campaign to reframe the stigmas that plague the profession, champion the skilled trades, excite millennials about the past, present and, future of automobiles, and promote that technical education is a solid, reliable option for students.
TechForce works to champion the skilled trades, excite our youth about the past, present, and future of automobiles, and to promote that technical education is a reliable, viable option for students.
About Las Vegas Concours d'Elegance
In the inaugural year, the 2019 Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance brings the historic automobile show to the entertainment capital of the world. LVCE exhibits over 20 classes of rare and unique automobiles invited from around the world, most never before shown in Las Vegas. The four-day event will be hosted at some of Las Vegas’ most prestigious locations including, the Keep Memory Alive Event Center, DragonRidge Country Club at MacDonald Highlands and the iconic Las Vegas Blvd (The Las Vegas Strip). Proceeds from the celebrity golf tournament will benefit the LVCE/ArtCenter Scholarship Fund. For more information, visit LasVegasConcours.com or follow @LasVegasConcours on Facebook and Instagram.