SEMA: 'Small car sales will jump 14%'
Sales of small cars are expected to exceed 2.7 million units by the end of the year, a 14% increase over 2007 numbers, according to the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA).
The five top-selling small cars during the month of July were:
1. Toyota Corolla (30,690 units).
2. Honda Civic (29,125 units).
3. Chevrolet Cobalt (16,410 units).
4. Ford Focus (15,200 units).
5. Toyota Prius (14,785 units).
"Total small car sales increased by 14% in July over the same-month sales last year," say SEMA officials. "Although gas prices began to fall back below $4 a gallon last month, prices are still hitting consumers hard."