Mickey Thompson Wants to Live Off Road With the Baja Pro X
Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels has targeted the off-road enthusiast with its newest tire. The Baja Pro X isn't designed for the pavement, and might be the company's most aggressive tire ever.
The sticky compound and Treadbiter cleats of the Baja Pro X are too aggresive for street use, the company says. The off-road-only tire is available in one size: 43X14.50-17LT, with additional sizes planned for the future. Features of the Baja Pro X include:
- sticky compound for a powerful grip on hard surfaces;
- Pro-Tech Construction, which adds extra flexibility while maintaining durability;
- Dual Decoupling Grooves for additional flexibility on irregular surfaces;
- Treadbiter cleats that provide extra biting edges across the tread;
- Serrated tread-regions to indicate where the pattern can be hand cut to allow for additional mud and loose surface traction while maintaining lateral stability and grip;
- mud scoops supply for cleaning power;
- massive Sidebiters and angled shoulder scallops for traction and grip; and
- a symmetric directional tread pattern, allowing for traction and cleaning power.
“We designed the Baja Pro X for extreme outdoor use: rock bouncing, mud bogging, deep mud, rock, snow, sand, dirt and gravel,” says Jason Moulton, senior product development manager for Mickey Thompson. “After the Baja Pro X was named a runner up in the tire category of the 2018 SEMA New Product showcase and won a SEMA Global Media Award, we are more excited than ever to get the Baja Pro X out to our customers to test on the trail or mud bogs.”
For more information, visit www.mickeythompsontires.com.