TIA members will vote in 10 board members from 19 candidates
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has announced the slate of candidates for its 2008 board of directors election.
The TIA membership will vote in open elections to place 10 individuals onto the board for three-year terms. Additionally, if members submit their ballots on or before Aug. 15, 2008, they will be entered into a drawing in which one winner will receive a free TIA training program (complete contest information is available at www.tireindustry.org.
The following is a list of the 19 board nominees vying for 10 spots (* denotes a current TIA board member):
1. Ken Brown, Allen Tire Center, Newport, Ore.*
2. Ken Burton, OTR Wheel Engineering Inc., Rome, Ga.*
3. Ed Chrisman, Silver Creek Tire LLC (a Big O Tire franchise), Reno, Nev.
4. Dan Clark, Tire Warehouse, Lake Orion, Mich.
5. Rob Czukor, Tire Recycling Consultants, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
6. Lyle Haylett, Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions, Muscatine, Iowa.
7. Bob Hendry, 31 Inc., Newcomerstown, Ohio.
8. Chip Huber, Q-Fix Truck Service, Louisville, Ky.*
9. William Jarvis, Midwest Tire and Auto Repair Inc., Schererville , Ind.
10. Ron Martin, Martin Tire, El Paso, Texas.
11. Brett Matschke, Richlonn's Tire & Service Centers, Greendale, Wis.*
12. Phillip Muller, Affiliated Agency Inc., Plainville, N.Y.
13. Larry Mullins, Brandon Tire & Auto Service, Ortonville, Mich.*
14. Freda Pratt-Boyer, Purcell Tire & Rubber Co., Potosi, Mo.
15. Bob Ross, Hercules Tire Company of Canada, Ontario, Canada.*
16. Jim Short, Radial Tire and Bandag, Jasper, Ala.*
17. Bruce Street, Hibdon Tire, Oklahoma City, Okla.
18. Tony Vizyak, Great Lakes Tire, Sandusky, Ohio.*
19. Tom Wright, Wright Tire Service, Anoka, Minn.*
TIA members also can download a ballot from the "Members Only" section of the TIA Web site (www.tireindustry.org). Members will receive ballots in the mail before the end of July, and their ballots must be Faxed to (301) 430-7283 or postmarked by Sept. 1, 2008, to TIA's office in Bowie, Md.
Results of the election will be announced in mid-September, with the new board members taking their offices on Monday, Nov. 3, 2008, at TIA's Annual Meeting at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nev.