Goodyear adds to SmartWay-verified lineup
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has launched the premium, SmartWay-verified Goodyear G572 1AD truck tire for single-axle drive and 6x2 applications.
“The G572 1AD has been engineered for high-torque applications found in single-axle drive and 6x2 truck models,” says Brian Buckham, marketing manager for Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “The tire’s highly sought-after attributes will help long-haul fleets lower their total operating costs.”
Features of the G572 1AD include:
* Goodyear’s exclusive Fuel Max Technology, which boasts fuel-saving compounds and advanced design technology to help promote energy efficiency and fuel economy;
* highly siped center rib and lateral grooves for enhanced all-season traction;
* semi-solid shoulder ribs and a 24/32nd-inch tread depth for enhanced traction, stability and long tread life in high-scrub applications;
* Goodyear’s Tredlock Technology, which features interlocking microgrooves that help stabilize the tread for longer life and enhanced toughness; and
* one of the industry’s most retreadable casings, which will reduce the fleet’s overall cost-per-mile.
“The G572 1AD is an ideal tire for long-haul fleets that have a need for long tread life and extra traction in the single-axle drive and 6x2 applications, but also are looking for other cost-reducing benefits,” says Buckham.
“Today’s trucking fleets are looking at every avenue and method to optimize their equipment outlay, fuel expenditure, and other investments.”
The G572 1AD is available in sizes 295/75R22.5 and 11R22.5, both Load Range G. They can use the G572 Goodyear UniCircle and precure retread products.