TIA announces 2013-2014 board of directors
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has filled seven seats on its board of directors for the 2013-2014 term.
“We were fortunate to have had a tremendous number of qualified candidates vying for the board positions again this year,” says TIA Executive Vice President Roy Littlefield. “We are appreciative of all the candidates who have a desire to serve the industry.”
Three returning members are among those elected to the TIA Board for 2013-2014. The new members are:
* Anthony Blackman, Atlantic Tire & Service, Inc., Cary, N.C.;
* Ernie Caramanico, Amityville Firestone, Amityville, N.Y. (returning);
* Lyssa Da Costa, Hercules Tire International, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada (returning);
* Joseph Henmueller, Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association (AMRA)/Motorist Assistant Program (MAP), Arlington Heights, Ill.;
* Brian Rigney, Dill Air Controls, Oxford, N.C.; and
* Tom Wright, Wright Tire Service, Anoka, Minn., (returning).
Additionally, Jon Schadl of K&M Tire in Delphos, Ohio, was placed into the two-year board vacancy that was created by the election of Glen Nicholson, TBC Retail Group, to the position of secretary.
Bob Bignell, executive director of the Ontario Tire Dealers Association, will be the new state/provincial representative on the board.
Six seats were available this year, each with a three-year term. Littlefield says TIA acknowledges the tremendous work of departing board members Larry Brandt, Paul Dvorak, Reece Hester, Dan Rose, and Stu Zurcher.
The new board will be take office on Monday, Nov. 4 at TIA’s annual meeting at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nev.