Voting is open for TIA board nominees
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has released the slate of candidates for the 2013 board of directors election. TIA membership will vote in open elections to place six individuals onto the TIA board for three-year terms.
Here is the list of the 17 board nominees; four are independent tire dealers.
1. Anthony Blackman, Atlantic Tire & Service Inc., Cary, N.C.
2. Ernie Caramanico, Amityville Firestone, Amityville, N.Y.
3. Wayne Croswell, WECnology LLC, Amherst, N.H.
4. Lyssa Da Costa, Hercules Tire International, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
5. Michael Dembe, Camoplast Solideal Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
6. Joe Donehue, Tiremetrix LLC, Brighton, Mich.
7. Joseph Henmueller, Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association (AMRA)/Motorist Assurance Program (MAP), Arlington Heights, Ill.
8. Scot Holloway, Bartec USA LLC, Sterling Heights, Mich.
9. David Jones, Sonsio Inc., Arvada, Colo.
10. Ed Jones, JohnDow Industries Inc., Barberton, Ohio.
11. Steven Landis, Continental Automotive Systems Inc., Eschborn, Germany/Allentown, Penn.
12. Philip Nigh, Elgi Rubber Co., Luling, Texas.
13. Mike Pursley, Perfect Equipment Inc., Murfreesboro, Tenn.
14. Brian Rigney, Dill Air Controls Products LLC, Oxford, N.C.
15. Jon Schadl, K&M Tire Inc., Delphos, Ohio.
16. Scott Turner, Scott L. Turner Consulting LLC, Blairstown, N.J.
17. Rockford Tyson, Ken-Tool Corp., Akron, Ohio.
18. Tom Wright, Wright Tire Service, Anoka, Minn.
TIA members can view the nominees’ photos and biographies and cast their ballots by visiting www.tireindustry.org and clicking on the “vote online” link. Election materials have also been mailed to the primary contacts at all eligible TIA member companies.
Ballots may be faxed to (301) 430-7283 or mailed to TIA’s office in Bowie, Maryland. The voting period ends Sept. 1, 2013.
Results of the election will be announced in mid-September, with the new board members taking office on Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, at TIA’s annual meeting at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nev.
For more information about TIA, visit www.tireindustry.org.