Pirelli calendar celebrates Brazil -- in London
The 37th edition of the Pirelli calendar was presented to the press, guests and collectors from around the world at its global premiere in London on Nov. 19, 2009.
Eleven models appear in the calendar:
* Catherine McNeil, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Miranda Kerr, Australia;
* Eniko Mihalik, Hungary;
* Marloes Horst, Netherlands;
* Lily Cole, Daisy Lowe, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, United Kingdom;
* Georgina Stojilijkovic, Serbia; and
* Gracie Carvalho and Ana Beatriz Barros, Brazil.
American photographer Terry Richardson shot the 30 images that make up the 2010 calendar, which features Brazilian locations. According to Pirelli & Cie SpA, Richardson "portrays a woman who is captivating because she is natural; a woman who plays with stereotypes in order to undo them, and who makes irony the only veil that covers her."
The 2010 calendar is a return to the natural, authentic atmospheres and images of the 1960s and 1970s.
“My technique is the absence of technique," says Richardson. "The lens is my eye, my charisma, my ability to capture moments of truth, whatever they may be, picture angles, use of color, light, scenery -- these have always been the essential aspects of my photographic art."