SEMA Show, Day Two: TIA updates TPMS Relearn Chart
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has updated its TIA TPMS Relearn Chart to include all 2009 and some 2010 model year vehicles, new TIA President Wayne Croswell announced earlier today during a press conference at the 2009 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show.
The new charts also have been updated to include NAPA sensor and service pack numbers, said Croswell.
The chart is split into two sections: domestic and imported vehicles. In each section, vehicles are listed by make, model and year. Each listing includes:
* the type of TPMS (direct or indirect);
* three columns of data that indicate when a system relearn is necessary;
* a relearn summary, including a reference number that corresponds to the vehicle's procedure for initiating sensor relearn mode;
* the sensor manufacturer;
* the OEM sensor part number and other relevant numbers.
* torque specs for the sensor nut, bolt, worm gear and lug nuts.
An electronic version of the updated charts is in development, Croswell added.
The 2009 SEMA Show, held in Las Vegas, Nev., runs through Friday, Nov. 6.