Hennessy re-launches Coats 7000 tire changers
Hennessy Industries Inc. has re-launched its most popular line of rim clamp tire changers, the Coats 7000 series.
The series now features several major upgrades designed to increase application coverage and decrease floor-to-floor times, the company reports. These include:
* Grip-Max clamps that provide integrated protection and slip resistance.
* An oil injector system with a huge, clear reservoir replaces a conventional filter-lubricator. It holds approximately one year’s worth of oil, which is actively injected into the system with every tire change. The system radically reduces downtime due to lack of preventive maintenance.
* A three-way powered bead-loosening system available on 7060 models offers easy-to-use powered in- and out-control, plus a neutral position for increased control and productivity.
* A duckhead mounted bead roller works in tandem with the Robo Arm to keep the toughest tire beads in the drop-center during tire mounting.
* An advanced clamp positioning system enables clamps to be preset in any position between six inches and 22 inches when equipped with standard clamps. This improves ease of clamping, especially with large, heavy wheels, says Hennessy, and minimizes the chances of “pinching” a soft sidewall or nicking a wheel during clamping.
* An auxiliary bead-seating device quickly and efficiently seals even the most stubborn of beads using your tire changer’s surge tank. It easily attaches to 50-, 70- and APX series tire changers. Always charged and ready, this device eliminates the need for a standalone bead-sealing unit.
* An improved Robo Arm features a multitude of upgrades including longer reach for wheels up to 28 inches and new design features that provide enhanced grip and power for the toughest of applications.
Coats 7000 series tire changers include the 7060 AX, 7060 EX and 7665 AX models. All three models are made with tough fiber-reinforced composite air cylinders, which offer long wear, feature extra support blocks on the bead looseners for added protection and durability, and are built for use in high-volume shops.
The Coats 7000 series tire changers will be on display at Hennessy Industries’ booth (#46055) at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas running now through Friday, Nov. 6.
For more information, see the company's Web site at www.ammcoats.com.